Using the Rankings Data
The County Health Rankings provide a snapshot of a community’s health and a starting point for investigating and discussing ways to improve health. This guide will help you find and understand the data - in this site and beyond - as you begin to assess your needs and resources, and focus on what's important. The guide includes seven sections:
- Communities Using the Rankings Data – introduces the many ways communities are using the Rankings.
- Exploring the Data – helps you get the most out of the Rankings and the wealth of underlying data.
- Making Use of Your Snapshot – helps you navigate the information in your county’s snapshot and identify key areas where you may wish to look for additional data.
- Digging Deeper – helps you think through what other information would help you further understand the health of your community.
- Broadening Your View – helps you widen your focus beyond the specific measures included in the Rankings.
- Visualizing the Data – provides links to resources to help you visualize where the assets and weaknesses are in your community.
- Finding More Data – directs you to additional national and state data sources.